With thanks to our generous donors, we are pleased to offer the following awards to support study or research in Jewish studies at the UW, at institutions in the U.S. with educational programs not available on this campus, and abroad. Within this category, we also offer awards making it possible for students to present research papers at academic conferences.
Awards supporting study and/or research
* Robert and Lynn Berman Scholarship
Research-related travel or travel to professional conferences
* Kaplan Graduate Research Award in Jewish Civilization
Graduate research in Jewish studies
* Ida and Isaac Lipton Study Abroad Scholarship
Study abroad during the summer or the academic year
* Ida and Isaac Lipton Scholarship for Domestic Study
Educational opportunities within the United States but not available at UW–Madison, such as language courses or summer seminars
* Charles and Gayle Mazursky Student Support Fund
Supports students pursuing degrees in Jewish Studies
* Richard D. Sincere and Debra L. Sincere Student Support Fund
Research or study in Israel
* David Sorkin Graduate Student Support Fund
Graduate research in modern Jewish history, with a preference for modern European Jewish history
*Laurence A. Weinstein Distinguished Graduate Fellowship in Education and Jewish Studies
Supports the work of exceptional graduate students in the area of education and Jewish studies, broadly conceived
* Weinstein-Minkoff Junior Year in Israel Scholarship
Undergraduate study in Israel during the junior year in a study abroad program at a recognized Israeli university
For more information about the application process, please e-mail email@example.com.
Please note that receiving an award may affect your financial aid package. To learn more, contact the UW-Madison Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.